The Trump administration and Republican lawmakers want to put our health care on the chopping block. We can’t let this happen! The Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Medicaid Expansion provides Americans – including those vulnerable to and living with HIV– better access to comprehensive and affordable health care coverage. Without quality insurance millions of people will have to decide between housing, food and health care.
Today, the AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) in collaboration with HIV Prevention Justice Alliance and SpeakUP are launching Health Care for Our Lives – a storytelling campaign intended to share powerful stories of people who have benefited from having health care.
Some of the ways the ACA helps people living with HIV/AIDS:
- Ensures coverage for people with pre-existing conditions
- Expands Medicaid coverage
- Lowers prescription drug cost for Medicare recipients
- Ensure coverage of preventive services, including HIV testing
- Increases coordinated care of people with chronic health conditions
We invite you to watch stories of other people who have benefited from access to health care and encourage you to share your own story! Now is the time– tell Congress hands off our health care and protect health care for all our lives!
Please visit healthcareforourlives.org! OUR voice matters!
Category: Health Care for our Lives